Dialectical Behavior Therapy -Basics & Beyond by Lane Pederson,
Salepage link: At HERE. Archive:
- Lane Pederson
- 5 Hours 54 Minutes
- Audio and Video
- Jan 20, 2016
DBT is an empirically validated approach for working with mental health, chemical dependency, and complex co-morbidity. Designed to empower clients to establish mindfulness, distress tolerance, emotional regulation, and interpersonal effectiveness, DBT assists clinicians in treating clients with emotional problems, suicidal, self-harm, and self-sabotaging urges and behaviors, and challenging interpersonal styles.
Lane Pederson, PSY.D., LP, DBTC provides a detailed understanding and foundation of the skills of Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) as applied to clients with mental health and chemical dependency issues. Going beyond symptom management, these skills are designed to improve functioning to build satisfying lives.
This seminar recording explores DBT’s theoretical basis, specific DBT interventions, and how to teach skills in individual and group settings. Familiarity with these skills and techniques along with experiential exercises will enhance your clinical skills and professional development.
- Make this complex model work for a variety of clients
- Build a foundation of DBT competency
- Learn the process and content of this evidence-based practice
- Take home many client resources and worksheets
- Integrate these skills into individual and group therapy
- Utilize case studies as a guide for effective application of skills in clinical situations
|Day One Webcast Manual (1.1 MB)||114 Pages||Available after Purchase|
History & Philosophy of DBT
- Dialectics explained
- Core philosophies in practice
- Skills training techniques
- Grounded in the present while being connected to past & future
- Balancing thoughts and feelings to achieve Wise Mind
- Learn classic and innovative Mindfulness skills
- Mindfulness skills worksheets
Distress Tolerance Skills
- Building frustration tolerance
- Utilizing crisis survival strategies
- Learn classic and innovative Distress Tolerance skills
- Distress Tolerance skills worksheets
Emotional Regulation Skills
- Understanding emotions and reducing vulnerability
- Making lemonade from lemons
- Learn classic and innovative Emotional Regulation skills
- Emotional Regulation skills worksheets
Interpersonal Effectiveness Skills
- Balance in Relationships
- Objective, Relationship and Self-Respect Effectiveness
- Learn classic and innovative Interpersonal Effectiveness skills
- Interpersonal Effectiveness skills worksheets
Please Note: Lane Pederson, PsyD, LP is not affiliated or associated with Marsha M. Linehan, PhD, ABPP, or her organizations.
Lane Pederson, Psy.D, LP Related seminars and products: 16
Consultation and Therapy
Lane Pederson Psy.D, LP, has provided Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) training and consultation to over 10,000 professionals in the United States, Australia, South Africa, Dubai, Canada, and Mexico through his training and consultation company, Lane Pederson and Associates, LLC (www.DrLanePederson.com). A real world practitioner, Dr. Pederson co-owns Mental Health Systems, PC (MHS), one of the largest DBT-specialized practices in the United States with four clinic locations in Minnesota (www.mhs-dbt.com). At MHS Dr. Pederson has developed DBT programs for adolescents, adults, people with dual disorders, and people with developmental disabilities. He has served as clinical and training directors, has directed practice-based clinical outcome studies, and has overseen the care of thousands of clients in need of intensive outpatient services.
Dr. Pederson’s DBT publications include The Expanded Dialectical Behavior Therapy Skills Training Manual, 2nd Edition: DBT for Self-Help and Individual & Group Treatment Settings (PESI, 2017); Dialectical Behavior Therapy: A Contemporary Guide for Practitioners (Wiley, 2015); Dialectical Behavior Therapy Skills Training for Integrated Dual Disorder Treatment Settings (PESI, 2013) and The DBT Deck for Clients and Therapists: 101 Mindful Practices to Manage Distress, Regulate Emotions & Build Better Relationships (PESI, 2019).
Notable organizations he has trained for include Walter Reed National Military Hospital, the Federal Bureau of Prisons, the Ontario Psychological Association, the Omid Foundation, and Psychotherapy Networker. He has provided DBT training for community mental health agencies, chemical dependency treatment centers, hospital and residential care settings, and to therapists in forensic settings. Dr. Pederson also co-owns Acacia Therapy and Health Training (www.AcaciaTraining.co.za) in South Africa. Dr. Pederson currently serves on the advisory board for the doctorial counseling program at Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota and is a peer reviewer for Forensic Scholars Today.
Lane Pederson is not affiliated or associated with Marsha M. Linehan, PhD, ABPP, or her organization.
Financial: Lane Pederson maintains a private practice. He is an author for PESI Publishing & Media and receives royalties. Dr. Pederson receives a speaking honorarium from PESI, Inc.
Non-financial: Lane Pederson has no relevant non-financial relationship to disclose.
There are no reviews yet.